What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts that act as artificial tooth roots for missing teeth. The posts are surgically placed into and fuse with your jawbone so a restorative piece—such as a dental crown, bridge, or denture—may be attached. Once the implant has healed with the jaw, a connective piece called an abutment is attached. Finally, your restoration is connected to the abutment and your implant is fully secure.Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Implants work to permanently replace one or more missing teeth.
- Full functionality can be restored to your smile.
- No adhesives are necessary with dental implants.
- Your implants can be made to match the exact shade of your natural teeth.
- With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.